Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Reccommended: First Guns

So, it's been more than a month since I last wrote in this space. Too long! I've had a lot going on, but nothing that should have kept me from writing. A sick child, a sick "me," busy at work, snow in April (ugh!) but mostly, I've just been uninspired. However, this morning, I found something that inspired me.

The "busy at work" part has been a deep dive into social media: blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc., all for the purpose of driving traffic to the Imaginepub.com website. It's all very, very interesting and exciting, but after a while it's a little repetitive, too. Everyone I follow on Twitter writes about SEO and social media and analytics, and they all have blogs about the same subjects, too. So, this morning I was happy to find a blog that cracks me up. It's imaginative and funny, but manages to maintain good taste, too.

First Guns is a blog on Tumblr written by Michelle Obama's arms. Yes, you read it right; each post is written from the point of view of her arms. The blog's description: "Everyone's been writing about us. Now we're speaking out. We're Thunder and Lightning, the First Guns."



Yesterday's post, On Meeting the Queen: Yeah, We Touched Her There, chronicles the uproar that ensued in the British press when, apparently, Queen Elizabeth put her arm around Ms. Obama's waist and Ms. Obama (who absolutely towers over the Queen) reciprocated with an arm on the Queen's back.

I have no idea who the author is, but "First Guns" is written by someone who is absolutely partisan and adores Ms. Obama for her sensibility and style. It is a great fun read for a girl who enjoys reading US magazine while watching The Biggest Loser while eating ice cream and Triscuits when she gets home from work. It's a nice break from all of the bad stuff going on out there.

1 comments:

Thunder and Lightning April 8, 2009 at 8:05:00 PM PDT  

Thank you for the shout out! Hope you feel better soon.

Stay strong,

Thunder and Lightning

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP