Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Promises

Right behind Patrick and my kids and my job, chocolate is one of my favorite things. Especially dark chocolate. Or semi-sweet chocolate. Especially chocolate made by Dove.

Dove chocolate has a smooth, creamy consistency; almost like eating a stick of real butter (nope, I haven't done that). Dove makes these little, harmless lumps of chocolate called "Promises." When I need a fix, I can just pop one or five into my mouth and feel satisfied.

The only interesting thing about Promises is that when you unwrap each lump of silky-smooth chocolate, there is a pithy saying written on the inside of the foil. Something meant to assuage any guilt you may feel for indulging in such a practice as eating chocolate all day at work.

Recent pithy sayings:

"Make the most of today."
"Put your feet up and unwind."

And my favorite:

"Don't judge others or yourself."

What a load of CRAP. I'll never stop eating Promises, never, unless the doc tells me they cause some dread disease, and then it's probably too late anyway. But, seriously: "Don't judge others or yourself"???

Shame needs to make a comeback, people. Watch 10 minutes of daytime television (Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, The View) and you'll know I'm right. For wa-a-ay too long, everybody's been telling everybody else that anything anyone does is OK.

And it's not.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP