Monday, November 10, 2008

First Responders

One of the best things about my north-facing window here at work is the ability to hear and see the city-sights/sounds on the street six floors below.

Several times a year, new recruits from the Chicago Police Department or the Chicago Fire Department run as a group down Fulton Street (today, it was the guys from the CFD). Usually they're shouting or chanting something in unison, military-style. I always hear them when they're about half-a-block away, so I have time to get to my window and watch them running by.


Several years ago, it was a pleasant amusement for a single woman. Now, I'm thinking that my three-year-old son would find the whole thing really, really cool because they're all wearing matching shirts and they're usually followed by a squad car or a fire department car.

Funny how things change. :-)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP