Friday, January 9, 2009

CNN/Facebook Will Stream Inauguration

My boss, Jim Meyers, and I were discussing over lunch this week the idea that we might need a television in the office at Imagination so people can watch the inauguration.

Not so much.



In what is surely a license to kill a little (more) time in front of our desktop, CNN.com is partnering with Facebook for an application that will allow Facebook's users to watch President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration on January 20 while interacting with fellow social networkers.

I've already RSVP'd.

I don't know if there's anyone at Imagination who isn't on Facebook. Just like a whole bunch of other companies. I love this. And I'll be extremely interested in the numbers:

  • How many will watch?
  • How many conversations will flow through Facebook during the event?
  • How many people will watch both their computer and their television set at the same time? [It happens. I had a roommate (Hi Paula!) who'd listen to/watch NASCAR races online while watching the actual race on TV.]
So cool!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP