Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow Days

It began snowing this morning around 5, and nearly nine hours later, it's still snowing. Not a blizzard at all; in fact it's beautiful fluffy stuff.

We have more than 6 inches of snow now and we're supposed to have about 10 inches by the end of the day.

Here's a pic from the courtyard just a minute ago:



I started thinking about what a 'snow day' meant to me, as a kid growing up in Little Rock, Arkansas. Basically, if the sky looked like snow, school was cancelled and there was a run on milk and bread at the grocery store. Any kind, or any amount, of freezing precipitation meant we were staying home. That was a great feeling, but I'm glad my kids won't have the same experience.

A foot of snow in Chicago just means it will take about 30 minutes for my wonderful husband to shovel my Freestyle out of the snow so I can take the kids to school before I drive to work.

As it should be.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP