Friday, January 30, 2009

The Un-Friend

Somewhat related to my last post, lately I've reconsidered a number of "friends" on Facebook. I've always been a pretty conservative Facebook-er, not one to rack up "friends" in the hundreds. I find Facebook to be incredibly fun and useful in catching up with extended family, far-flung friends and even geographically close friends who I don't actually see very often.

I'm a Facebook Friend with most of my colleagues at work; but that's the extent of my professional use of Facebook. It's really just a place where I can visit with real family and actual friends.

To that end, I've un-friended a handful of people in the last few days. Since Facebook doesn't send a notice to the un-friends telling them I've un-friended them, they probably won't even notice I'm gone (or they're gone).

If you're not family, or if I've never actually met you, or if I haven't communicated with you in the past few months, you've been un-friended. It doesn't mean I don't like you; it just means I'm choosing to focus on the core group.

If, on the other hand, you're reading this message, you're likely in the core group.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP